The Wankel engine is a type of internal combustion engine using an eccentric rotary design to convert pressure into rotating motion. In contrast to the more common reciprocating piston designs, the Wankel engine delivers advantages of simplicity, smoothness, compactness, high revolutions per minute, and a high power-to-weight ratio primarily due to the fact that it produces three power pulses per rotor revolution compared to one per revolution in a two-stroke piston engine and one per two revolutions in a four-stroke piston engine (although at the actual output shaft, there is only one power pulse per revolution, since the output shaft spins three times as fast as the actual rotor does, as can be seen in the animation below, making it roughly equivalent to a 2-stroke engine of the same displacement; this is also why the displacement only measures one face of the rotor, since only one face is working for each output shaft revolution).
The engine is commonly referred to as a rotary engine, although this name also applies to other completely different designs, primarily aircraft engines with their cylinders arranged in a circular fashion around the crankshaft. All parts rotate consistently in one direction, as opposed to the common reciprocating piston engine, which has pistons violently changing direction. The four-stage cycle of intake, compression, ignition, and exhaust occur each revolution at each of the three rotor tips moving inside the oval-like epitrochoid-shaped housing, enabling the three power pulses per rotor revolution. The rotor is similar in shape to a Reuleaux triangle with sides that are somewhat flatter.
Scope of the Report:
This report focuses on the Wankel Engines market in global, especially in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa. This report categorizes the market based on manufacturers, regions, type and application.
In the last several years, global market of Wankel Engines developed rapidly, with an average growth rate of 8%. In 2016, the actual production is about 900 Unit.
The global average price of Wankel Engines is in the fluctuation trend, from 35.8 K USD/Unit in 2012 to 33 K USD/Unit in 2016. With the situation of global aero industry, prices will be in fluctuation trend in the following five years.
The classification of Wankel Engines includes Water Cooled and Air Cooled and the proportion of Water Cooled in 2016 is about 70%, and the proportion is in decreasing trend from 2012 to 2016.
Wankel Engines is widely used in Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, Airplanes, and Other. The most proportion of Wankel Engines is Unmanned Aerial Vehicle.
Europe is the largest supplier of Wankel Engines, with a production market share nearly 77% in 2016. North America is the second largest supplier of Wankel Engines, enjoying production market share nearly 16% in 2016.
China has great consumption growth rate, Market competition is very intense. UAV Engines and Austro Engine are the two leaders of the industry, and they hold key technologies and market, with high-end customers; have been formed in the large market share in the industry.
The worldwide market for Wankel Engines is expected to grow at a CAGR of roughly 8.0% over the next five years, will reach 51 million US$ in 2023, from 32 million US$ in 2017, according to a new GIR (Global Info Research) study.
Market Segment by Manufacturers, this report covers
- UAV Engines
- Austro Engine
- Rotron Power
- Mistral Engines
- Orbital Power
Market Segment by Regions, regional analysis covers
- North America (United States, Canada and Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, UK, Russia and Italy)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Korea, India and Southeast Asia)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia etc.)
- Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa)
Market Segment by Type, covers
- Water Cooled
- Air Cooled
Market Segment by Applications, can be divided into
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
There are 15 Chapters to deeply display the global Wankel Engines market.
- Chapter 1, to describe Wankel Engines Introduction, product scope, market overview, market opportunities, market risk, market driving force;
- Chapter 2, to analyze the top manufacturers of Wankel Engines, with sales, revenue, and price of Wankel Engines, in 2016 and 2017;
- Chapter 3, to display the competitive situation among the top manufacturers, with sales, revenue and market share in 2016 and 2017;
- Chapter 4, to show the global market by regions, with sales, revenue and market share of Wankel Engines, for each region, from 2013 to 2018;
- Chapter 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9, to analyze the market by countries, by type, by application and by manufacturers, with sales, revenue and market share by key countries in these regions;
- Chapter 10 and 11, to show the market by type and application, with sales market share and growth rate by type, application, from 2013 to 2018;
- Chapter 12, Wankel Engines market forecast, by regions, type and application, with sales and revenue, from 2018 to 2023;
- Chapter 13, 14 and 15, to describe Wankel Engines sales channel, distributors, traders, dealers, Research Findings and Conclusion, appendix and data source
Table of Content
1 Market Overview
1.1 Wankel Engines Introduction
1.2 Market Analysis by Type
1.2.1 Water Cooled
2 Manufacturers Profiles
2.1 UAV Engines
2.1.1 Business Overview
2.1.2 Wankel Engines Type and Applications
188.8.131.52 Product A
3 Global Wankel Engines Sales, Revenue, Market Share and Competition by Manufacturer (2016–2017)
3.1 Global Wankel Engines Sales and Market Share by Manufacturer (2016–2017)
3.2 Global Wankel Engines Revenue and Market Share by Manufacturer (2016–2017)
3.3 Market Concentration Rate
Key Que Answered in this report:
What will the Wankel Engines market the growth rate be in 2025?
What are the key factors driving the Global Wankel Engines market? Wankel Engines market with a focus on the Chinese market?
What are the key market trends in Wankel Engines market impacting the growth of the Global Wankel Engines market?
What are the challenges to Global Wankel Engines market?
What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the Global Wankel Engines market?
What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of Wankel Engines market?
What is our report offers:
Strategic suggestions and proposals for the beginners to understand
Assessments of the market share from different countries and regions were conducted
Top key market players, market share analysis included.
The market observations such as constraints, drivers, threats, opportunities, investment opportunities, challenges, and recommendations are added.
The competitive landscaping mappings of the ongoing trends are discussed.
Based on the market estimations, the strategic recommendations are made in the business segments
276 5th Avenue, New York , NY 10001, United States
Int’l: (+1) 646 781 7170 +91 8087042414
Follow Us On linkedin :- www.linkedin.com/company/grand-research-store